Carburetor flodding?

-- Termine und mehr --

Stammtische: KawasakiS NRW 06.04.2024 in Krefeld

Treffen: (27.) 28.-30.6.24: NEUHOF | 25.- 28.7.24: Bad Aibling | ALLE 2024

• Hi...sorry for using English. :-X

Anyway, I've just performed an extreme makeover for the rest of the bike and now I have mounted the unchanged carburetor and after connecting (going through the pain of mounting them) a problem has occured. They flood! The bike starts alright, but then the carbs floods and the gasolin poors into the airwent house behind the carbs. Does any have any ideas as of where to start looking for this fault? Trottles, Gaskets, Floating-valves etc?

Please also reply to g.ehn@mac.com

Regards
    Goran

• Hey Goran
    may be you have some dirt in the carburator so that the Floating-valves cannot close corretly. There is a Screw on the Button of each carburator, you can open it to remove the old gasolin. Catch the gasolin in a glass and look if its dirty. If it is you have to clean the carburator and also you have a look to your tank may be the dirt come from there.

cu

Usche

• Hi ,

There may be several Problems,

Your Carbs may be dirty, it causes that your jet needles don’t close. Fuel always flood

On your Fuel Tap assy there are two filters, the may be got lost. Dirt is goinig through the tap assy to your carbs. Make the Tank empty, disassembly the fuel cock and check if the two filters are still mounted. If not then they are in the fuel tank, try to find them and mount the again.
    Check if in the fuel tank is rust. If yes, think about to seal your fuel tank against rust.

Check if your fuel cock works properly. It must be “ON” Demount the fuel tube at the cock, if the fuel cock is ok no fuel floods. If not mount a new fuel cock or check the membran inside.

At last but least try to drain out the fuel of the carbs, if there always dirt inside you had to demount the carbs again and clear them properly. If possible clean the carbs in a supersonic machine. After mounting the carbs again, I would recommend to assemble a additional fuel filter between fuel cock an the carbs.
    Good Luck

• Ok, there was some dirt inside, and a trottle spring was broken. I guess I'll have to wait until monday until I can find a replacement for that spring. A new pair of sparkplugs might be needed too since cylinder 4 lookes as if it was flooded too.

So much fun all the time! Thanks for the quick feedback ;D

Please feel free to check the images, will shoot more when totally assebled.
    /g

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!